These cookies are almost too good to be true. They’re grain-free, egg-free and naturally sweetened. They’re properly combined and to top that off, they’re vegan. They also happen to be incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious–> the kind of cookie that you can whip together the moment a cookie-craving strikes, without suffering from a crazy sugar-crash later! I recommend making a double batch and stashing them in your freezer for “emergencies.”
Makes 2 dozen
- 2 cups almond meal, or almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened (non-vegans can use butter)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
WARNING: Cookies may look crumbly at first but the final product looks normal.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, salt, and baking soda, then add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips, then drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, or parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350F for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
5. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature.
-Adapted From Detoxinista-